Sunday, February 17, 2008

Perseverance.. My Lesson Learnt At Taman Negara

It was yet another interesting weekend with the ATMAH Project team.. a group of people from diverse backgrounds converge together towards one goal.. this time around it was camping in Taman Negara..

Through the rough terrains.. I persevered
With my bad back.. I persevered..
With my monkey mind telling me stop.. I persevered..
With my blistered feet.. I persevered..
And yes.. I finally did attain my goals.. I conquered the better parts of Taman Negara..

For fellow current and ex-zubedyans.. it felt good to be committed with action and savour the results.. many would have admired the spectacular view from the top.. but for me.. the exhilaration of completing the journey was spectacular enough..

There was one song that came to mind at that point..

I am on top of the world looking
Down on creation and the only explanation that I found..
Its the love that i have ever since you been around..
Your love puts me at the top of the world..

I felt like I was enveloped by the arms of the Universe.. it was a wonderful feeling.. the spirits were high though tired and I learnt many lessons that night.. thank you my darling pals for walking with me through this lesson and showing me another side of you..


  • Susie for that smile that never wears off your face even in the most awkward moments
  • Kana for the love and care you have for all of us.. you just have so much to give
  • Vicky for your determination and wit that kept many of us going..
  • Leena for your sense and sensibility..
  • Revathy for your charm that got many tickled in their toes
  • Kathir for your confidence
  • Vela for us the other side of you that no one ever knew existed..
  • Shantakumar for that brave front you put at most times..
  • Renga the knight in shining armour.. need I say more..
  • Liza the patience you had with many of us through our cooking sessions
  • Kumar for ensuring we all took the final step together..
Lastly, in the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins -- not through strength but by perseverance ~Jackson Browne

Love you all..
dhena

1 comment:

Liz said...

Dearest Dhena,

I am looking forward of doing more outings with you. I had great fun being with your so called eccentric group and the best of all is the new friendship that we have developed beginning from that Taman Negara trip.

xoxo