Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Say It And Mean It

Growing up in a small town away from the city.. deprives you of many things and yet protects you from some things.. let it be good or bad..

Growing up in a small town, Valentine's Day was just another day passing.. but i was not spared of it.. i was 14 when i received my first stalk of rose from this boy i had this huge crush on.. hahaha.. melted my heart..

Interesting that when at a time when you are digitally divided from the rest of the world and you have no clue what Valentine's is but you are nevertheless engulfed and immersed by the attention and charm surrounding it.. nothing happened with that boy after that.. but Valentine's sure did follow me like a shadow through my growing years

Year after year i am reminded by it.. with the media hype which bridges the digital divide... you are not only bombarded from every nook you turn too but receive a barrage of sniding comments if you are not for it..
Many have become so centred to this day that we forget that everyday is a celebration.. why wait for February 14 to express how you feel to your loved ones.. yet its funny how we forget to say little things like I'm Sorry, Thank You, Take Care and I Love You to people who matter most to us.. So what would one day of over priced flowers do? I wonder..

My thoughts on this is.. let's cut the hype surrounding Valentine's and make everyday Valentines.. appreciate your loved ones.. love them like there is no tomorrow.. say it and mean it..

To all my loved ones.. i love you much much..

just a thot..
dhena

No comments: